|Home > Fun Stuff > Breed Quiz|
Think you know about dog breeds?
Try answering these questions! Answers Below.
1. What is the name of the "African Barkless Dog"?
2. Name the four varieties of Belgian Sheepdog Breeds.
3. What is a GSD?
4. What are the two Collie coat types?
5. What is a "patch" on a Dalmatian?
6. What work was the Rottweiler originally bred to do?
7. What three colors does the AKC accept for Labradors?
8. What service was the Lhasa Apso originally bred to do?
9. What are the physical differences between the Pembroke Welsh Corgi and the Cardigan Welsh Corgi?
10. According to the AKC which breed received the LEAST amount of registrations in 2004?
1. Basenji. His bark does not sound yippy, deep or loud, it sounds like a "yodel".
2. Groendendael, Lackenois, Malinois and Tervueren. The Groendendael is black with long, flowing hair. The Lackenois has a short, curly, Terrier type coat. The Malinois has almost a German Shepherd Dog appearance and the Tervueren looks similar to a rough coat Malinois.
3. German Shepherd Dog
4. Rough and Smooth. Lassie was a rough coat collie. Her counter part, the smooth coat looks like a "shaved" rough coat Collie.
5. Black pigment and hairs which are present at birth.
While patches are a disqualification from the AKC Dalmatian conformation ring, those with patches are 30% LESS likely to have a hearing impediment.
6. The Rottweiler is believed to be of Roman decent. During that time he was used as a dog to herd livestock during the day and guard them at night.
7. Black, Yellow and Chocolate.
Black--Blacks are all black. A black with brindle markings or a black with tan markings is a disqualification.
Yellow--Yellows may range in color from fox-red to light cream, with variations in shading on the ears, back, and underparts of the dog.
Chocolate--Chocolates can vary in shade from light to dark chocolate. Chocolate with brindle or tan markings is a disqualification.
8. The Lhasa Apso was originally bred as a Tibetan Buddhist personal guard dog. Originally part of the Terrier Group, he is now considered a Non-Sporting breed.
9. The Cardigan is slightly larger than the Pembroke. The Cardigan has a long tail while the Pembroke tail is basically nonexistent. While both breeds have erect ears, the Cardigan has a more rounded ear and the Pembroke has a smaller, pointy ear.
10. The English Foxhound. Bred for hunting fox, the breed is rapidly loosing popularity because fox hunting itself is not popular in the USA.
back soon for MORE questions!